Math Genie is committed to transforming your child's future. The Parent Code of Conduct gives clear information on the standard of behavior that we expect from parents, as well as the types of unwanted behaviors which will not be tolerated. The code covers all contact with parents.
Day to day contact
When customers contact us over the telephone, in person, in writing, by email, or via social media we expect them to:
- Show respect and courtesy to employees at all times
- Treat employees as you would like to be treated yourself
- Allow employees reasonable time to respond to your request
General conduct (applicable at all times)
Math Genie will not tolerate parents:
- Using foul, abusive, or offensive language
- Making threats or unreasonable demands towards other parents or employees
- Personally criticising any individual, whether they are a teacher, student or manager
- Discriminating against any employee on the grounds of race, color, age, religion, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, class, learning difficulty, appearance, or employment status
- Engaging in any form of harassment
Parent Conduct during class time. (Online and in person)
When students are attending classes with a Math Genie teacher, we expect parents to:
- Leave the child in a distraction free environment and leave the area unless the teacher requests your presence. Your presence will distract the class and will prevent your child from becoming an independent learner.
- Ensure that homework is completed and checked according to the lesson plan. If you need the lesson plan adjusted, please let the teacher know. Please only complete the pages assigned.
- Ensure that their child comes to class on time prepared with books, pencils, erasers, laptop all ready to go.